Concepts and Frameworks
– Effectuation – A thinking framework that serves entrepreneurs in starting businesses, providing a way to control a future that is inherently unpredictable.
– Bird-in-hand – The first principle of Effectuation (also known as “start with your means”). Ask yourself: Who are you, what do you know, and whom do you know? Then, imagine possibilities that originate from your means.
– The E-Myth – This is quite a seminal book on entrepreneurship that argues that most entrepreneurs work in their businesses rather than on them and – through doing so – create jobs for themselves that they can’t escape from.
– Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? How to drive your career and create a remarkable future – Seth Godin’s call to action: whether you’re building a business or not, the only way to build a career on your own terms is to be a linchpin.
– Anything You Want by Derek Sivers – 40 lessons for a new kind of entrepreneur. There are no rules for building a business: “When you make a company, you make a utopia. It’s where you design your perfect world.” Awesome little book.
Articles, Videos & Podcasts