At the beginning of 2011 we started a campaign called Start Something You Love. We kicked it off on 19th January with our big Esc winter party in front of 600 people at Guanabara bar in central London.
We are now following it up with 365 bits of advice from real people who are doing interesting and inspirational things with their lives. And we asked them all the same question:
ESC’S QUESTION: “HOW CAN I START SOMETHING I LOVE?”
ROBIN KENNEDY’S ANSWER:
“The two bits of advice given to my father by his first boss were along the lines of:
- Take a three week stretch of holiday every year. Your family NEED to see you and I don’t want to.
- I’m not going to check up on your work. You’ll find out the hard way if you get it wrong.
I think both of those are pretty good maxims for people running their own businesses.”
Robin Kennedy – Ex-banker. Co-founder of WEXO.
NOW DO THREE THINGS:
- Watch this video: Start Something You Love: Escape the City…1 year on
- Comment below to tell us what you are going to start this year
- Join the revolution at www.escapethecity.org/register and subscribe to these posts (top-right of this page)