We’ve got a really exciting evening planned for November’s Esc Wednesday.
Our special guests are Ben Keene and Dave Cornthwaite.
Both are Esc Heroes, both have spoken at previous Esc events and both single-mindedly live their lives on their own terms.
The title of the evening’s talk is: ‘How we built our careers around our passions’
- WEDNESDAY 30TH NOVEMBER - ADAM STREET CLUB
- Bar opens: 6.30 pm | Talk starts: 7.30 pm
- There are 80 tickets up for grabs – please buy one here.
Introducing our Speakers:
Ben Keene is the founder of Tribewanted (Fiji and Sierra Leone). Their mission? To build sustainable communities in amazing places that benefit locals and visiting members; inspiring positive change within and far beyond the village.
Dave Cornthwaite is a world record-breaking adventurer, author, and motivational speaker. He is four journeys into his £1,000,000 Expedition1000 project: 25 x 1000+ mile journeys, each using a different form of non-motorised transport
Read more about Dave here: http://davecornthwaite.com/ and here: http://escapethecity.org/heroes/353-dave-cornthwaite
‘How we built our careers around our passions.’
Together they will be reflecting on what they have learnt from their single-minded determination to build their careers around things they care passionately about.
Without giving too much away, the topics they will to discuss include finding your passion, getting over the start-line, taking-off, learning how to survive, adapting to changes along the way, picking up new opportunities, telling your story and saying yes.
If you are interested, please buy a ticket and come along.
6 good reasons to come…
- You would like to know how to rent a tropical island with no budget
- You want to know what living on the beach in blood diamond country is like
- You want to know why solving the world’s big issues starts in a village
- You want some Insight, inspiration and ideas to help you chase a career you’re passionate about
- You want to learn how to think positively and understand exactly what makes the ‘working you’ tick
- You want to find out how to plan an adventurous expedition and also make it worthwhile for others too
In any case, if two gingers can inspire, anyone can!
Details, details, details
- We will be meeting at the Adam Street Club – the private members club for entrepreneurs just off the Strand on the evening of Wednesday 30th November.
- Ben and Dave will be giving a talk before we open it up to the room for a Q&A.
- The bar opens 6 pm. Please come for a drink and a chat. The talk will start between 7.30 and 7.45 pm.
- RSVP: www.eventbrite.com (buy ticket, etc).
About Adam Street:
London is our HQ (the city where Escape the City was born) and we are thrilled that our London events take place at the Adam Street Entrepreneurs Club. Adam Street is a home and support network read more about Adam Street here.
Evening Membership: Adam Street now offers a really exciting evening membership scheme. Adam Street will be very extremely generously offering ongoing incentives to Esc members who want to become evening members.
Watch this space for further details.