A great opportunity for keen Escapees who want to get more involved with our team at The Escape School.
If you’d like to work with us and are available and happy to help out at a few events each month then read on…
Currently The Escape School has a core team of 6 fantastic volunteers who act as ‘front of house’ at our evening speaker events and workshops. They are a valuable part of the Escape School team and we couldn’t manage without them. Especially now that some of our events are drawing crowds of 60-80 people a time.
With so much activity going on here at The Escape School we need to expand the core team of volunteer event crew to ensure there are plenty of friendly faces and helping hands so events run smoothly.
What does the role actually involve?
- Help the core Escape team set up before the event begins (set out chairs, water, food etc)
- Warmly greet Escape School attendees at the door – log them in using the Eventbrite app and hand out name tags
- Facilitate and encourage networking – help people to feel relaxed
- Join in with group interactions (i.e. if someone is missing a partner)
- Help serve drinks at the drinks station, re-stock food / drinks throughout the event if necessary
- Answer any questions, or point people in the direction of someone who can help if you’re not sure
- Generally act as a friendly face alongside the core Escape team so repeat attendees start to recognise the helpers – the idea is that it feels more like a club, rather than an ‘event’!
Sounds fun, but what’s in it for me?
Two of our awesome helpers Mark and Rima say it best in their own words:
“You get to go to lots of Escape events (for free!). I joined because I love the Escape brand (and am a shareholder!) and wanted to play a bigger part. I don’t see it as work in any way - it’s a fun way to socialise with a group of like-minded people. Having been coming for about 8 months, you learn a huge amount about London’s start-up scene, career coaching and alternative career options/ways to live. It’s also a complete juxtaposition to my day job!”
- “It’s great fun to be surrounded by like minded people and a core group of volunteers who you get to know really well and see regularly
- Each persons’ path/advice/recommendations etc. can be a source of inspiration and motivation
- Added bonus of being able to go to the events for free
- Great to bounce ideas/thoughts between other escapees
- Being part of a community is great!
- It’s a nice (and productive!) break from the day job, especially when it’s been a particularly boring or tough day
- Lots of opportunities to speak to the Esc team themselves who are all really knowledgeable”
In addition to the above, a final added bonus is that while you’re actively volunteering for us we’ll give you 10% off the ticket price for all Escape School events, workshops and courses!
We’re also offering each volunteer 10% off a ticket to the Escape to the Woods festival taking place from 5-7 September.
I’m keen – how do I sign up?
If the above sounds like you and you are confident you can commit to helping at a minimum of 2 events per calendar month then we want to hear from you.
Please email our Community Manager Celia (email@example.com) by Friday 29 August to register your interest.
POST WRITTEN BY CELIA STATON
Follow Celia’s blog “Dared, Determined, Done!” about making big life and career changes.