Fancy building up your blogging experience and attending some of our events? Our blog is the main channel for escape news and community highlights. Esc are looking for volunteer bloggers to review Escape School talks and workshops for our ‘Notes From Last Night’ blog post series.
Why is this important?
Currently The Escape School hosts one speaker event each weekday evening (except Fridays) and the volume of these events is set to increase over the next few months. This is a really exciting time for us as we rapidly expand our offering to the Escape community.
Well over 50% of our members are based outside of London around the UK and across the globe. To allow us to help as many people as possible on their escape journey we need to reach those who can’t attend our physical events at The Escape School in central London.
A great way to do this is via high quality write-ups of our events which we post to our blog the day after each event takes place. These blog posts summarise the event by giving background info on the speaker/s, succinctly detailing what was covered, key insights and advice that came out of the discussion as well as including links to any useful resources that were mentioned during the talk (websites, books, YouTube videos etc).
Our typical readers are corporate professionals in their 20s or 30s (but often older) and are usually high achievers in the mainstream considering more exciting and unconventional career paths. The aim of the blog (and our entire Esc offering) is to help them find exciting jobs, start businesses or go on big adventures. Anything relevant from the event which you can share via the blog which will help them make that transition is helpful.
About the role
We’re looking to create a great core team from within the Esc community of ‘official’ bloggers who will take full ownership for writing post-event reviews after all Escape School workshops and speaker events. It’s a great opportunity to get closer to the core team at Esc (see pic on the right of our newest Esc team members Celia and Pippa!) and be more involved with our events and all the action here at Escape towers.
Needless to say, members of this blogging group will need to be able to write well which means posts that are heartfelt, honest, concise and clear. The post should include specific tips that came out of the event that will help the reader to improve in some way.
Commitment from you:
- You will need commit to doing at least one blog post a month for us.
- We will expect to receive your finished post by noon the following day.
- Write engaging and concise event summaries.
- The final piece should be 500-700 words divided into at least 3-4 paragraphs, as well as an introductory paragraph.
- Each paragraph should have a heading.
- Please take a few photos during the event and send to us along with your blog post – we must have a relevant picture for each post.
- Once your post is live spread the word via your Twitter / Facebook pages and we’ll do the same.
- Each week, the highest-viewed blog post is featured in our weekly newsletter, which goes out to thousands of people around the world.
- We may edit small aspects of your post if there are any improvements.
What’s in it for you?
- As a volunteer blogger you will automatically qualify for free tickets to the event you are covering as well as to all other Escape workshops and events (this does not include courses).
- Develop your writing skills and gain experience writing for a professional blog read by thousands of people every day.
- Build your social media profile – you can list your Twitter handle or link to your blog directly from your Escape the City blog posts – potentially reaching 1000’s people around the world.
- Become an important part of The Esc School Events Team!
The best posts are heartfelt, honest, concise, and offer specific tips that help the reader to improve in some way. A few examples of previous ‘Notes From Last Night’ blog posts:
How to register your interest
If you’re keen on what we’re proposing and think you have what we’re looking for please email Celia, our Escape School Community Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than this Friday 22 August using the subject line: OFFICIAL ESCAPE SCHOOL BLOGGER.
Celia will follow up with you directly via email. The next step in the selection process will be to write a blog post for us on one of our events. This will allow us to select the very best writers to join the group.
Thanks so much for your interest in supporting The Escape School! We’re looking forward to hearing from you…
POST WRITTEN BY CELIA
(check out Celia’s blog “Dared, Determined, Done!” about making big career and life changes here)