Please come to our next Escape Meetup at the Adam Street Entrepreneurs Club in central London after work on Tuesday 24th January.
To attend please click here.
The first Escape meetup of 2012
If you are reading this the chances are that you’re a professional of some sort. The fact that you’re on Esc means that you are probably interesting in exploring exciting options and alternatives outside of the corporate mainstream. Or you might already have made the leap and you keen to meet like-minded people doing entrepreneurial and adventurous things.
Either way – you’re in the right place! Our last meetup in 2011 was a massive success with almost 200 people cramming into the main bar at Adam Street to discuss escaping the city to start-up, to move to a different industry / job / country, or to go on a big adventure.
There is no set structure to this evening but if you are interested in starting a business, changing career, or going on a big adventure and would like to network, mingle and chat with a bunch of people in a similar boat, please come along.
There are always a wide variety of people at Esc events (career changers, entrepreneurs, wannabe entrepreneurs, and adventurers) and the conversations will be about anything related to living life on your own terms.
Don’t be shy… come along!
How do these evenings work?
- STRUCTURE: Informal friendly gathering based the concept that there is more to life than doing work that doesn’t matter to you. Escaping the rut is easier and more fun if you can get help, advice and encouragement from people in the same boat.
- DATE & TIMINGS: Tuesday 24th January. From 7 pm onwards (bar open till late).
- HOST: Rob will be hosting the evening (@escroberto) and various other members of The Esc Team will be there too. We’ll be wearing Esc stash – come and say hi.
- LOCATION: Adam Street, 9 Adam Street, The Strand, Charing Cross, London, WC2N 6AA. Nearest Tube/Rail: Charing Cross. Food is available to order from the restaurant menu. Drinks aplenty too.
- RSVP: Adam Street is a private members club. To get your name on the list please RSVP via our Meetup page (click here) please drop Rob (email@example.com) an email if there is something specific you would like to let us know about.
- Other things you can do in advance of attending: On our Meetups page you can add a comment explaining who you are and what you’re looking to get out of the evening – this will enable us to help you make better connections before, during and after the Meetup.
What is an Esc Meetup?
Escape the City Meetups are your opportunity to meet likeminded people in an informal environment – be they corporate professionals looking to do something different or escapees who have already made the big leap away from the corporate world.
Whether you are looking for an exciting job, starting your own business, or going on a big adventure – at our Meetups you’ll meet people in the Esc community who share your enthusiasm for building a career outside the corporate mainstream and who will hopefully be able to help you on your way.
PS. Our Meetups are different from our Esc Wednesdays because they a) are free and b) don’t have a formal speaker. They are your opportunity to meet fellow Esc members in your city in a friendly and relaxed environment.