Doing something different is scary…
- Quitting your job is scary.
- Starting your own business is scary.
- Having no money is scary.
- Taking a point of view is scary.
- Cold calling is scary.
- Charging for a service is scary.
- Public speaking is scary.
- Being challenged is scary.
- Writing blog posts is scary.
- Managing people is scary.
- Saying no is scary.
- Being in it for the long run is scary.
- Talking to aggressive journalists is scary.
Sometimes it feels like it would be much easier to not do scary things. Opt-out just a little bit…
- Stay in a job you don’t really like.
- Get drunk on the weekends.
- Be able to afford nice stuff.
Feel OK about things overall… if a little unfulfilled.
I don’t blame you. It’s incredibly seductive. It’s comfortable. It’s really rather nice.
Or… you could use the fear as a radar and go straight at the things you’re most scared of.
Got that little voice in your head saying “Wow, maybe I could do that, what if I actually pulled that off…?”
Who knows what you might achieve. Scary huh!?
[Photo credit: http://startupquote.com/]