We’ve got a really exciting evening planned for May’s Esc Wednesday.
Our speaker is Tom Vernon – founder of Right to Dream.
The Right to Dream Academy was founded in Ghana in 1999 to offer talented, underprivileged African children the opportunity to reach their true potential in life through sport, education, personal and leadership development in order to claim a better future for Africa.
Please join us:
We will be meeting at Adam Street Club – the private members club for entrepreneurs just off the Strand on the evening of Wednesday 11th May. Tom will be giving a short introduction on his story and Right to Dream before we open it up to the room for a Q&A session
To attend please do two things:
- Buy your ticket – click here
- Send us a question for Tom: email@example.com (please do do this – makes for a great Q&A)
The bar opens 6 pm. Please come for a drink and a chat. The talk will start between 7.30 and 8 pm.
5 reasons to come…
- You want to hear the founding story of Right to Dream and how you could get involved in their exciting growth plans
- You want to learn more about the links between sport and social development in Africa
- You might be considering starting your own social enterprise and would like to pick up some hints and tips
- You would like to meet some like-minded people in a friendly and informal atmosphere.
- You want to hear more about Escape the City and want to come and have a chat with the founders Dom & Rob.
At the age of nineteen, Tom came to Ghana and was inspired by the people he met, particularly the many children whose passion and enthusiasm for sport and their dedication to bettering themselves through sport and education once given the opportunity, was clearly evident.
Tom has a detailed knowledge and understanding of Africa in relation to sport, business development and how sport and education can be successfully combined and used to assist with positive social development.
Details, details, details:
- Date: Wednesday 11th May.
- Kick-off: Bar opens 6 pm, talk starts between 7.30 and 8 pm
- Venue: Adam Street Club - 9 Adam Street, The Strand ,WC2N 6AA
- Directions: Nearest tubes: Embankment / Charing Cross.
- Food: Food will be able to order from the bar menu.
- Closing Time: The bar closes at 1 am. Definitely stay for a drink!
- Capacity: 80 people.
- Cost: £5 - buy your ticket here.
- More: What is an Esc Wednesday?