We’ve got a really exciting evening planned for February’s Esc Wednesday (What is an Esc Wednesday?)
We will be hearing from UnLtd – the charity which supports social entrepreneurs.
Please RSVP by clicking here.
UnLtd will be giving us an introduction into what they do and why you might be interested in their grant programmes.
UnLtd is a charity which supports social entrepreneurs – people with vision, drive, commitment and passion who want to change the world for the better. We do this by providing a complete package of funding and support, to help these individuals make their ideas a reality.
Jon will be talking us through his experience of starting his social enterprise as well as his own transition away from the corporate world.
Moodscope.com is a new online depression tool.
In Jon’s own words: “If people can lose weight by measuring and tracking it in front of others who can support them, I wondered if a similar process might be able to help with mood. It seems it can, and we’ve found that people who use Moodscope for 6 months see an average mood improvement of over 50%, without resorting to drugs or therapy. Since our launch in April last year we currently (Jan 25th, 2011) have 14,000 members, and have grown by 90% since January 1st. Moodscope saved my life – we want to do the same for thousands of others.”
Read Jon’s ‘Esc Hero’ interview – click here.
This is from the Daily Telegraph in 1996: “Jon Cousins is enjoying a spectacular mid-life crisis, shutting down his £12m-a-year advertising agency and taking a year off to travel the globe. Cassandra Jardine celebrates the escape of a typical Eighties achiever.”
5 reasons to come…
- You have an idea for a social enterprise and want to understand how UnLtd could help you.
- You would like to start your own social business / charity and want to hear Jon’s experiences of starting Moodscope.
- You are looking to escape ‘the city’ and you would like to hear how Jon transitioned away from his own corporate job.
- You would like to meet some like-minded people in a fun and informal atmosphere.
- You want to hear more about Escape the City and want to come and have a chat with the founders Dom & Rob.
- Date: Wednesday 16th February
- Time: Bar opens 6 pm, talks start at 7.30 pm
- Venue: The private bar above The Yorkshire Grey pub (use side entrance)
- Address: The Yorkshire Grey, 29-33 Greys Inn Road, WC1X 8PN
- Directions: Nearest tubes: Chancery Lane (Central) & Holborn (Piccadilly)
- Capacity: 50 people
- Food: Food is available from the bar menu till about 8.30/9 pm
- Cost: £5 contribution to the minimum spend (see below)
- More: What is an Esc Wednesday?
Please RSVP via the following form: click here.
A word on tickets: We are charging £5 per attendee which you can pay on the door. We are doing this to guarantee hitting the minimum spend in the private bar that we use for Esc Wednesdays. This is not a profit-generating charge and is aimed at covering the venue’s costs. If we spend enough money to reach the minimum spend we’ll donate the proceeds to Hope & Homes for Children (our charity for 2011).