CHIEF TECHNICAL ESCAPE ARTIST (web developer / programmer):
Rob and I started Escape the City little over a year ago. We started with a big idea and have been overwhelmed by the reaction. One thing is for certain – there are a lot of people wanting to Do Something Different. We have huge plans for Escape the City and we are looking for someone to help us turn these into a reality.
So time has come to take on our first full-time employee. We’re looking for a special someone to take our website and our community to the next level. We’re looking for a coding genius with a difference. Someone who shares our passion and vision for change and some one with exceptional energy to see the change through.
You’ll share our vision and excitement about the amazing community we are building. You’ll love technical problem-solving. You’ll be creative and passionate about coding. You’ll also be patient because we like to get things right.
You’ll be working closely with us (the co-founders) to develop and expand the website. Continuously adding new innovative features that will help our members with their escape.
From SEO to coding up a new search algorithm you’ll have it all covered so we can concentrate on delivering our promise to our users.
London-based. We currently work out of Parsons Green, Fulham.
We are looking for a proficient developer with a strong ability to build entirely dynamically driven web applications. We want someone who can write well designed-thought-out-maintainable code that will stand up to lots of usage.
Overview of how the site is built:
- Built using a custom modular approach using smarty templates to separate back end code from front end display.
- PHP backend in a procedural style.
Tech skills we’re looking for:
- Understanding of transactional relational databases using MySQL’s innoDB engine.
It would also be nice if you had the following:
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for problem solving
- Proven PHP programming experience (as above)
- Advanced MySQL database experience (as above)
- Latest website UX best practice
- Good working knowledge of SEO
- A good eye for design (we’re happy to work with you on this front)
- You’ll be employee number 3 of something that we think will be very big.
- You’ll get to work in an exciting and innovative working environment where your ideas really count.
- As the team is so small things happen very quickly. Your idea one day will be a reality for our thousands of users the next.
- As a small start up you’ll be able to work flexibly and remotely when need be.
- A monthly salary and a discretionary bonus (don’t expect a million dollar starting salary – keep in mind that we are a small start-up).
(If this isn’t for you but you have some tech friends who might be interested please do tell them and if we end up hiring them we’ll give you a bottle of champers for your efforts – THANKS)