We are really excited to announce the re-launch of our Esc Wednesdays. Click here to read our “What is an Esc Wednesday” page so you know what to expect and to see whether you would like to attend.
Wednesday 3rd November, 6.30 pm doors open, 7.30 pm start. Private bar above The Yorkshire Grey pub – London, WC1X 8PN
Our special guests for the next Esc Wednesday are Emily Kerr (ex-Bain) and Josh Perry (ex-Accenture).
Emily and Josh set up a publishing company making travel books for kids, called Unlocked Guides.
They will be talking about how they went from management consultancy (Emily was at Bain, Josh was at Accenture) to commissioning illustrations of surfing cows. They’ll also explain why gold stars are a crucial part of the business plan, how doing paid work 50% of the time has been ideal for them, and why the best business partners are the ones you’ve known since you were eleven.
You can also read Emily’s Esc Hero profile here.
QUESTION & ANSWER:
After a short introduction from Emily and Josh we will run a fast-paced and informal Q&A session. The challenge for our special guests is to answer 20 questions in 20 minutes.
TO ATTEND: PLEASE DO THESE 2 THINGS
1. RSVP: Please reserve your place here
2. Send us your questions: Either add them via the form or email them to team[at]escapethecity.org and we’ll make sure they get asked during the Q&A.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Rob & Dom
DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS
What are the timings?
- 18.00 – Bar opens
- 18.00 – 19.30: Drinks, food & chatting
- 19.30 – 19.45: Team Esc introduction
- 19.45 – 20.00: Speaker introduction
- 20.00 – 20.30: 20 Questions in 20 Minutes (Q&A)
- 20.30 – 23.00: Bar stays open till closing time
What are the logistics?
- Venue: The private bar above The Yorkshire Grey pub (use side entrance)
- Address: The Yorkshire Grey, 29-33 Greys Inn Road, WC1X 8PN
- Directions: Nearest tubes: Chancery Lane (Central) & Holborn (Piccadilly)
- Capacity: 50 people
- Cost: The event is free but we need your help hitting the minimum spend! Please do grab a bite to eat and have a drink or two. Thanks.