Escape the City provides exciting options for young professionals who want to do something different.
Escape the City is not about leaving your job and cruising off around the world on a permanent holiday. It is about taking the skills you have learnt in the corporate sector and using them to do worthwhile things elsewhere.
When we decided to start Esc we sat down and made a list of 100 things that we believe. The 100 things that have led us to start this website.
Here are 10 of them (the others will follow over the coming weeks):
We believe that…
1. We believe that life is too short to spend the middle chunk of it doing something that doesn’t really matter to you.
2. We believe that it is a crying shame that so many young people are spending the best years of their lives doing things that don’t make them happy
3. We believe that your twenties are when you have the freedom to try different things, to work in different jobs, to explore, and to take risks
4. We believe that you don’t have to live your life the way other people tell you to
5. We believe that you’re not mad if you’ve got what seems like ‘a perfectly good job’ and you realise that you no longer want to be doing it.
6. We believe that lots of young professionals want to change their lives and jobs but they’re not sure how
7. We believe that large professional corporations, institutions and companies are increasingly struggling to satisfy the aspirations of the 20 something generation currently at the beginning of their careers
8. We believe that many corporate workplaces are filled with outdated working practices developed in a previous business era
9. We believe that work is changing (for the better)
10. We believe that careers are changing (for the better)
What do you think about this list?
What do you believe?